Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dining Set


My mom and dad gave us these 6 dining chairs before we left Texas. These were our chairs growing up. There's even one with worn spots from a booster seat on one!

We left our chairs in Utah when we moved to Texas so for a few years we just ate on the couch. Then Hadley needed a chair so we used office chairs we'd collected.

Then my parents took pity on us and gave us these chairs. I love them. They are so sturdy. I sanded them down and stained them as show below. Mom also offered to swap tables with us, ours had cracked tiles and was too small for 6 chairs. Plus I want to be able to make forts with our table and our other one had a bar in the way. This table is WONDERFUL. Thanks mom. Oh, she picked it up free on the side of the road, by the way!

Dustin and I sanded it down before the move. Here it is sanded.
 Chair example, pre and post stain.
 The table all stained up.
 Our set.
 I love the "shineyness," it's so clean and bright.
 I love our dining set. Good things come to those who wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment