Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bed Skirt


I've seen some unique ways to add a bed skirt to your bed lately on Pinterest. That started the idea. I was tired of looking at our boxspring, our decorations and our food storage under the bed.

Instead of a new one for $10-15 at the store. I bought this one at the consignment store. Washed it. Tried to dye it black. and then got to work with some tan fabric I purchased there as well. 

Total cost = $3.00
 I cut this tan fabric into strips and sewed them together to make one long strip. Then hem one side.
 Attach the right sides together  (I measured from the box spring top to the floor and wanted the tan to go from the floor up to the bed frame so that's all you see most of the time)







It is not perfect but a fun project and the tans actually match better than it looks in these pictures so it will hopefully draw no notice. As if we ever have visitors in our bedroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment