Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Insulated Flat Iron Case



I saw one of these for sale for $20 and thought I could attempt one for cheaper.
I found the pattern on this site. See the site for details.
Print the pattern. I had to add some length in since it wasn't quite to the measurement.
I love the fabrics!
All the pieces cut from main fabric, thicker twill, thermal batting, and fusible lining.
Cut and layer pieces as shown.
I had to make a plug for my newest discovery, the walking foot on my machine! With the normal foot, my top cotton fabric was puling and stretching as seen below. The walking foot keeps all the layers together!! So glad I did a bit of research and pulled it out.
Walking foot!
The fusible webbing.
Coming together...
Hardest part... the bias tape.
Done!!

Iron pocket, nice to throw hot iron in when on the run. Plus it's padded so it protects it while traveling.
Cord pocket on back so cord doesn't melt if iron is hot.


1 comment:

  1. i've seen these in stores and i think yours is much cuter :)

    ReplyDelete