Sunday, August 28, 2011

Dress!


I used the pattern to the right along with this dress as the inspiration for a few modifications that I wanted added.

"getting the vision"
One of the hardest parts... planning it all out before cutting,
Measure 10 times, cut once :)
More "envisioning" the end product
Top of dress
Sleeve

Top complete!
Even fancy enough to have a lining!
The edges of the sleeves and gathered sleeves instead of elastic were diversions from the pattern that I added from the inspiration blog.
Coming together, deciding how much extra length to add to the skirt, my daughter is very tall.
Of course I had to whip out an extra bow. See how to make these here.
Back (complete!)
Sleeves up close (one of my favorite parts)
Front (Complete!)
Lining...
This was a really fun project. It went quite smoothly until the zipper in the back. Those things are quite the headache but by attempt #3 it was in and usable. I learned some good things along the way that will hopefully make next time easier.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: