Monday, August 22, 2011

Starlight Nightlight



I saw this and a lightbulb went off! I've had a few canvasses sitting around, this would be a great nighlight for baby. It's interesting to look at and will hopefully distract little one as she drifts off to sleep.
Begin with a plain canvas

Mark your design on the back with pencil
Poke small holes to push the lights through. I was able to just use the metal tip of my mechanical pencil to poke a pin hole and then pushed the glass bulbs through so they're snug.
Continue weaving your design, editing as needed by looking at the front. Note: It's a good idea to count the lights on the strand you have and make sure you have enough for your design ahead of time. I also poked one hole at a time to make sure I'd have enough lights to complete my design.

Finish up, plug it in and wa la!

A nice little night light!

No comments:

Post a Comment