Sunday, February 12, 2012

Personal Progress Projects

I have been working on completing our Church's Personal Progress Program again!
This is a program that is somewhat like scouting for the girls (12-18) in our church. There are value areas (Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity and Virtue) and in each area there are listed activities/projects such as "read these specific scriptures, talk with a leader or parent about what you've learned, apply one of the new things you've learned in your life for two weeks and record your experience in your journal." It's been a great tool for me to have more meaningful scripture study and a great way to improve myself.
For each area there is a list of different 10 hour projects. You can pick on of those or create a similar one that highlights that area's theme and work on it.
As I leader I need to do at least three of these (one being reading the whole Book of Mormon!)
It's been so fun!

As I posted a few days ago, I started learning to decorate fancy cakes. Below are some of my first 1/2 roses. They're quite rough but it's been fun to practice!

I know the stem isn't exactly the natural color but it's what I had on hand and why waste frosting that's there for some practicing?

Another Personal Progress Project is planing an herb garden. Here are my seedlings!
So far mustard, thyme, marjoram, savory and basil have sprouted. I was most excited for chives but they have yet to appear. I have FAITH they will (well maybe not, the seeds are quite old :)


My newest project (this picture shows the craziness of getting this all put together) is our 72 hour kits! Emergency preparedness has been my plan for February 2012 for a few months and I have been really excited (kind of scared) but mostly excited to begin this project. It's fun to have little baggies for each person with food, safety, sanitation and fun supplies. Once these are all done, I'll blog about what I used and my spreadsheet that I am using to keep it all organized.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please post that spreadsheet when you're done. I don't have 72 hour kits and I've been putting it off for years! Tsk, tsk, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete