Friday, September 14, 2012

Clothes Tweaking


Thrift skirt... too long
Check. Cut off extra fabric, sew the slit up a bit and hem.
Thrift skirt... too short
Check. Unstitch hem, sew a band of grey along the fold of the existing skirt's hem. hem the gray and I sewed up the front seam for a more finished look.





Plain black tee
Liquid stitch some lace
Wa-la. A bit more visual interest and no sewing!




Plain tee (see my hand prints in it where I smoothed it out? Creepy!)
Moon and stars 
(Issues with it: stars were too small, bottle dripped bleach, paper too thin, too much bleach sprayed out. Next time I will use cardboard and splatter paint it on)
Cheap silk remnant from thrift store.
Three straight lines and a silky pillowcase
Using this tutorial and some thrift remnant fabric, I made a maxi skirt.
Ignore the messy bed.

Twice now I've removed the "extra button" from the inside of my pj tops and sewed them above teh highest button and made a button hole so that my pj tops are a bit more modest.

My old mace container. Dustin wanted me to rig it for his belt for when he's out fishing.
Check.





No comments:

Post a Comment