Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sewing Round Two


I spied a dress pattern for $.97 and decided to get some fabric and try it out.
I'm so excited since I gathered the top to make it so I wouldn't have to wear an undershirt, and I added sleeves just by eyeballing it!
Here it is!!

Yes, it's a tad short for my comfort so today I added a band of the grey to the bottom. This fabric is soft and sort of flannel-y on the outside, hard to describe.
 This sweater was from DownEast Basics on clearance (come to find out it's from Anthro, fancy, I know). The sleeves were loose and baggy. I took them in for a more tailored look. Sorry no before. I've wanted a short sleeve turtleneck sweater for a while. "Fist pump!" (that's for Dustin)
 2.00 in fabric. Same pattern as long light green skirt from last post but the shorter version.
 I actually bought this fabric (black, stretchy with long wrinkles set in) at the local thrift shop (where I've scored some great deals) 1.5 yards for $1.25. I sewed it into a tube, gathered the top to match a black elastic band I made with $.97 elastic and attached with a zig zag stitch. I then cut and hemmed the bottom (I've figured out a quick and easy way to hem, no ironing required!)
A long, light, stretchy skirt for all seasons for $2.25!

 I feel Audrey Hepburn-esque in this skirt! I keep wanting to call it my New Year's Eve skirt.
To make this with fabric my mom gave me I used this easy tutorial -- no pattern.

 It is by NO MEANS perfect but I love the silver and white zipper in this skirt (a bit of bling on the back)


No comments:

Post a Comment