Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wrap Dress Copy

I saw this dress online and LOVED the look. I like this clothing line "Tea" clothing. But it's sold at Norstrom. Enough said. I'll settle for trying to copy the looks!

I had an old tee shirt that had a hole toward the bottom. Time to experiment!
The dream...

The shirt...

Cut off top

Cut off sleeves and make it "wrap"

Blank slate of paper taped together

Use a dress for a basic outline

 How does it measure up?
(I wish I had made it wider, cotton doesn't stretch as much as the knit dress I'm measuring it on)
Cut a band of accent fabric. Sew it all together.
*Sorry no pictures of sleeves or waistband creation*
I used the existing sleeves, sewed them smaller and re-attached them to the shirt/dress












Tights to match, made in this previous post.




By no means perfect but a good experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment